Saturday 15 January 2011

Sh*t Happens


The annoyingly optimistic say (with the cheesiest toothy grin) "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!", but what if life gives you dog poo! WHAT DO YOU DO THEN!! I'm pretty sure that you can't make anything good out of that. However I'm not the first and I'm sure that I won't be the last to try and make the best out of a crappy situation.

Now this guy is having a bad day lol
It seems that no matter how much you try, rehearsals never seem to go as smoothly as one would like. Everyone claims to be one the same page, however their actions speak otherwise. So in theory, naturally you would think that with everyone in the band sharing the same goal, things would come together for the greater good. In reality this doesn't happen. In reality most people suck. People let you down! It's quite disheartening as a leader when the members of your band seem like they don't really give a flying monkey about your work. I would say that the biggest problem that I've encountered so far is punctuality and communication. These problems also seem to be a regular occurrence in every band I've ever been in. Musicians have developed this horrible stereotypical label that they all lazy and unreliable.

I just don't get why people can't be straight forward and upfront with me. I'm not a scary person (I don;t think) and I don't bite (most of the time *wink wink*). All I ask is that people communicate with me. If you can't do something just let me know. Don't just not turn up! I don't think that a little bit of commitment is too much to ask for.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment