Friday 14 January 2011

Lastminute.com Leaders


The clever people at lasminute.com have made a profitable business out of selling last minute people last minute holidays. However I don't think that taking this approach to music is that wise. Being a last minute leader will not make you successful, it will actually make you very irritating to the people that you need to work with. A wise tutor once told me that potential employers will pick the musician that is reliable and easy to work with over the difficult so-called musical genius.

I'm sure that at some point in their careers, every musician has worked with someone that loves to organise everything at the last minute while still expecting things to work out amazingly. In a way this kind of practice is just pure laziness and to be honest I think that the lack of effort shows a lack of care and respect for the other musicians in the group. How can you care about the success of the group if the so called leader isn't putting in the work? I'm a strong believer in leading by example. You can't expect people to follower someone who contradicts their words with their actions. Actions speak louder than words people! 



Now everybody knows that most things are not certain and that there are always unforeseen circumstances that arise. There is a difference between having poor organisational skills and having unfortunate things happen that put a spanner in the works. In my case I've had an industrial sized box of spanners dumped in my works! So now I have this idea for a gap in the last minute market. There should be a website called lastminutemuscians.com lool. It will be a place where people can find reliable and committed musicians who are good enough to come the rescue when you are in a crunch. They will be that missing link when you need someone capable to step in. Now those are the kind of people that I would like to work with.

I LOVE MR SQAUREPANTS HE ALWAYS MAKES ME SMILE!


No comments:

Post a Comment