Wednesday 19 January 2011

20%



I feel like crap and so does my voice
When you're a singer, your body is your instrument. I guess I never really noticed but whatever your body is feeling your voice feels also. I have recently become more in tune with picking up the subtle changes in my vocal depending on how I'm feeling that day. If I'm tired then m voice is tired. My vocal chords are one of a kind. They're priceless, I can't buy new ones like a new set of strings for a guitar.

There are some things in life that are just totally beyond your control and getting ill is one of them. Now usually when I get ill my throat gets sore and it swells up. However, on this occasion I just had a bit of a cough. Now I was quite happy about that because my voice wasn't really affected (so I thought). Eventually the silly little cough began to take its toll on my voice to the point where it was very uncomfortable and slightly painful to sing.

By orders of the doctor and vocal teacher Mark, I was told not to sing! This is a singers worst nightmare. Telling me not to sing is like telling me not to breathe! Most of the time I just can't help myself. It's a very frustrating thing when you're not able to do something that comes to you so naturally.

This was an annoying start to my project as  I couldn't do any rehearsing., songwriting or pretty much anything musical. But I suppose every Roller Coaster must start its journey from the ground up. I did however decide to quickly use my voice to document this time by recording a little freestyle about my vocal plight. This was a bit naughty vocally as I was supposed to be resting my voice lol.

20% Song








WHY ME?!!!!!!

This is the question that we as humans have asked God/The Universe (depending on ones faith lol) every time something bad happens in our lives since the dawn of time. It's kind of funny how we never question the good things. Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment