Monday 17 January 2011

Logic Pro Is My Bestfriend xOx



It's sad to say but humans are unreliable and it seems that Logic Pro 9 and I have become quite the acquaintance lol. I love Logic because it only has too be told what to do once, and it always plays what you want, where you want it! No "surprise" additions/embellishments. It's never late or rude, it's obedient but it can be a bit moody when it decides to have technical difficulties. Now don't get me wrong I love live instruments but for this project I really wanted to experiment because I've found a new love for electronic sounds. So I decided to jump on Logic, have a little fiddle and I let myself do whatever I want. I made two backing tracks to which I would add live drums, bass and a MOOG synthesiser. I've decided to keep my band simple. I feel like the less people that are involved the less outside factors there are that can go wrong.


On the other hand, life with Logic can be a bit lonesome. There's no human interaction, just a GUI. When Logic is your band you kind of miss the vibes that others humans bring. Part of the joy of being in a band is the adventure of joining personalities together. Everyone has an opinion and it's nice to gain insight to your music from different perspectives. When left to my own devices I can go a little bit stir crazy as I tend to over analyse things if there isn't another opinion to reel me in.

Right about now Logic has saved my life. If it wasn't for Logic  I wouldn't have any tracks right now because sooooooo many members of band have let me down. Having these backing tracks and rough recordings have made it a little easier for me to recruit new blood and show them the ropes. And worse case scenario, I can still perform to just a backing track.

No comments:

Post a Comment